Sunday, April 22, 2007

When i adopted Sativa, i was in the middle of taking one of many Learning and Behaviour psychology classes. Needless to say, it was the perfect opportunity to put some of what was floating around in my head to good use. I tried a bunch of operant conditioning on her, shaping ect, and let me tell you, my professor was only partially right when he said that cats are impossible to train. I dont completely disagree, but with a lot of dilengent practice i was able to take her for walks as you would a dog. However, there is definitely a LOT more attitude to deal with than you would ever have to with das snouzer.


Now, everyone google "priming" and be afraid... be very afraid, as you are bombarded with advertisement daily on so many levels (dun dun dun). Anyways, my most favorite professor ever, Dr. Snyder, once put it elequently when he compared this quandary with Star Wars:
Some psychologist go over to the dark side, some stay on the light side: how will you use the force?

No comments: