Monday, April 23, 2007

There's Something Deep Inside, that's telling you that love is so much more. This is just a man's world.


I'm bum'ed.
And not cuz I've been sitting on my bum for so long.

*Deep Breath*

OK.. so a couple of weeks ago one of my fish got sick.
It was "mean-orange-silver-male".
He was always kind of a prick, always pushing the other fishies around.

but still... he didn't deserve the pain.
He got pop-eye... and little did i know this actually entails a fishes's eye popping out.
I medicated ardently to no avail... the eye was one day just.. gone.
Thereafter he was called "one-eye".

Seriously, though. It sucks.
And what can you??
I guess some people kill their fish when things like this happen.
But i couldn't, I'm ashamed, but i was too weak to kill him.
Mr. T wouldn't even kill him for me... he thought we should let the little guy die of natural causes.

So he swam around... disoriented and one-eyed for about a week.
He put up a good fight, and at one point I thought he would even prevail and adapt to the challenge of his new handicap.
But no..
Today he was really weak.. he was barely swimming at all.
And when i went to feed them... he was gone.

I know I'm a freak and it's a fish- but it was painful to flush him.
I'd been taking care of him for more than a year... and to terminate this relationship with the finality of a "ceremonious" flush... well that seems so crass.

Anyways....C'est la vie... et la vie efin, pour lui au meme, est fini.

RIP One-Eyed.


No comments: