Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ta-ta-Ma-Lee-Va


In the event of a disaster;
tornado, fire, break-in, bird flu epidemic...the next ice age...
the one and only thing that i could not live without...
the thing that i would absolutely need to take with me,
and that i would go back for,
whatever the cost:

Is Sativa.

I know a lot of people who wouldn't understand that.
It's a mixture of love and responsibility

(and let me tell you it would honestly take me a LONG time to get over not being able to save my fish and if there was time and the means, they would be number two on my list. I wouldn't have to save my roommate because he'd already be outside, with a big sheepish grin)

anyways, it's more than that.
Having the privilege of taking care of an animal has given me so much;
it's a source of that rarely found thing: unconditional love
it's been humor, company, crazy energy spurts and tons of attitude.

We're not talking right now though.
Because she left safety of the backyard,
gave me five mini-freak-out-attacks,
and when i finally found her,
she was in the front near a busy street
three doors down,
on the neighbours porch.

Way too friendly to be an outdoor cat.

No comments: